Work with an exceptional multi-disciplinary team in a beautiful facility providing high quality, compassionate and affordable primary care. Catherine’s is a Federally Qualified Health Center Look Alike Clinic. Our well established primary care clinic located on the near northeast side of Grand Rapids in the Creston Neighborhood serves the greater Grand Rapids metropolitan area.
The Staff Nurse at Catherine’s Health Center Coordinates, facilitates and oversees patient care activities and performs general nursing duties; providing quality patient care in collaboration with Physicians, Mid-Level Providers, and other health care professionals through effective communication, decision making and physical care.
- Current RN or LPN licensure in the state of Michigan
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR)
- Experience in medical office or similar setting
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of organizational members, outside customers and community groups
- Ability to comfortably and effectively interact with diverse populations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Good organizational skills in order to work under time constraints and be able to adapt to medical situations
- Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a confidential manner
- Ability to demonstrate competency with a standard desktop and Windows-based computer system including but not limited to keyboard skills, email, e-learning, intranet and computer navigation. Ability to use other software as required performing the essential functions of the job
- Complies with appropriate regulations including HIPAA, CLIA and OSHA
- Serves as a medical care information resource within the scope of a RN/LPN role for patients, staff, volunteers, students and providers
- Performs telephone triage as per approved clinical protocol guidelines. Consults with Provider for areas of question or lack of clarity
- Identifies emergent medical and/or related patient situations and assists patients by assessing appropriate level of care required. If in question, errs on side of higher level of care if unable to clarify with RN or provider at point of service.
- Documents complete and accurate patient records related to calls received, data collected, services rendered, follow-up provided, and/or outcomes as described by the patient or family.
- Consults with providers, and other team members as appropriate to ensure quality patient care
- Documents complete and accurate patient records related to calls received, data collected, services rendered, follow-up provided, and/or outcomes
- Performs nursing protocols as per organizational procedures
- Participates in peer review and support
- Assists and provides coverage for clinical supervisor as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Acquainted with Athena Electronic Medical Record
- Able to do Phlebotomy
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $28.00 /hour
- medical office or similar setting: 1 year (Required)
- RN or LPN (Required)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to our job posting here.